- In the morning before dressing, light incense
- Retire at a regular hour. Partake of food at
regular intervals. Eat with moderation and never to the point of
- Receive a guest with the same attitude you
have when alone. When alone, maintain the same attitude you have in
- Watch what you say, and whatever you say,
- When an opportunity comes do not let it pass
you by, yet always think twice before acting.
- Do not regret the past. Look to the future.
- Have the fearless attitude of a hero and the
loving heart of a child.
- Upon retiring, sleep as if you had entered
your last sleep. Upon awakening, leave your bed behind you instantly as
if you had cast away a pair of old shoes.